Searching Beyond the Paid

Thursday, June 03, 2010

How Not To Do Online Marketing

Last Friday was a fun day on Twitter - it was #shittyadviceday. I'm not sure who started it - when I logged in to Twitter at around 8 a.m. EST, some of my European SEM friends were already having fun with the hashtag.

The basic concept is to tweet something SEM-related that's bad advice. In other words, if you read the tweets, you should absolutely do the opposite of the #shittyadvice that was provided. Here are a few of my favorites:




If you want to see more, just search for #shittyadviceday on Twitter Search.

What #shittyadviceday tips can you add?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi Mel,

    One of the bad advice tweets caught my eye. Could you please write a post about search vs. display networks for Adwords -- or refer me to something already published? My intuitive take on the subject has led me to select search network only for most of my keywords. What do you think?

    Dan

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:07 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home