Searching Beyond the Paid

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SMX, Here I Come!

I guess I can't say I never win anything. I won an iPod nano at SES Chicago in 2005, and it's earned a permanent spot in my purse (or, in my pocket/ears while I'm working out). And now, I've been lucky enough to win a ticket to the inaugural Search Marketing Expo, commonly known as SMX, in Seattle in June.

First off, I have to thank the crew at SMX and Search Engine Land for allowing me the opportunity to attend the show. I was hoping to go, but it wasn't in our budget, so I figured I'd have to settle for reading about it on the forums. But now, between being the lucky winner and moving a few dollars around, I'll be able to be there after all.

Being the first SMX, I'm not sure what to expect. However, I know Danny Sullivan and his crew are more than capable of putting on a great event - after all, Danny's been chairing SES for a number of years, and we all know he has the best connections in the search marketing industry. On top of that, this is SMX Advanced - with sessions aimed at those already well-versed in search marketing. As the SMX site describes it, "If you're fluent in search marketing, SMX Advanced is where you can converse with others who speak your native language."

I can't wait to go "speak SEM" in Seattle. It should be a great show. Thanks again to everyone at SMX for allowing me this opportunity. See you all there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home